Hard anodizing as a new service of RESIF company
RESIF offers a new type of electrochemical treatment of aluminum
RESIF Technologies Bel Company offers its customers a new service for the electrochemical surface treatment of aluminum alloys – HARD ANODIZING (also known as hardcoat). The thrust of this galvanic …
RESIF Technologies Bel Company offers its customers a new service for the electrochemical surface treatment of aluminum alloys – HARD ANODIZING (also known as hardcoat).
The thrust of this galvanic process is the producing of a solid and relatively thick oxide film, which in comparison with an usual oxide film provides a significant improvement of the following properties:
- corrosion resistance, including in aggressive environments;
- electrical insulation;
- wear resistance, including antifriction;
- thermal resistance and heat insulation.
Thus, the technology of hard anodizing allows us to combine the lightness of the weight of aluminum alloy parts with their increased mechanical, thermal stability, as well as their resistance to corrosion.
After upgrading the equipment and three-month technology adjustment, our experts achieved the controllability and repeatability of the process, including high precision sizes and apertures. The coating can be either natural silver- greenish color (photo 1) or painted black (photo 2).
RESIF Technologies Bel guarantees the achievement of the following technical results of aluminum coating with a hard film:
- The coating thickness is 40-60 microns (at the request of the customer, it is possible to perform coatings in the range from 20 to 80 microns).
- Hardness HV > 300 (controlled for alloy 7075 with a thickness of 25-50 microns).
- Wear resistance of 336 hours of salt spray chamber according to NF ISO 9227 (tests have been carried out in our own laboratory, see photo 3 with the results).
Additional information on processed alloys, coating colors and other technological features is available on request.